Sunday, November 16, 2014

Who Am I? Stake Conference Priesthood Session. Fall 2014

Priesthood Session Stake Conference – Fall 2014 -- Who am I? The Keys of the Priesthood were given to Peter. We know this from the NT in Matthew chapter 16. Jesus says, speaking to Peter, “I will give unto thee the Keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” How appropriate, therefore, that Peter, with his associate Apostles James and John, should appear to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery near the banks of the Susquehanna river in June 1829 and confer upon them these same keys and Priesthood authority. This same Priesthood Authority has been given to you and me. The keys of the Kingdom of God are committed unto men on the earth, and from thence shall the gospel roll forth unto the end of the earth. DC 65:2 The keys of the Kingdom of God exist in the area of Newburgh NY. They are held by President Scott L Ey. They were given to him by Elder Lynn Robins of the Seventy who was on assignment from Elder Boyd K Packer, President of the Quorum of 12 Apostles. So I hold the Priesthood. How am I different from other men? Does it matter? Who am I really? As I thought about this question, Who am I, I jotted down some thoughts. Things that I have learned or that have come to me personally because the Priesthood is on the earth, Things that I believe can make a difference. - I lived before I came to earth - I was in the beginning with God DC 93 - I was created in God’s image Gen 1:26,27 - I am His son. Mos 1:1-11 - I will live forever. - - I am a descendent of Abraham. - I have been ordained - I am a Priest of the Most High God - I wear the robes of the Holy Priesthood. - I have been washed and pronounced clean. - I have been anointed to be come and King and a Priest - I have been endowed with power. - I have the power to bless others - - I have been baptized. - I have the Gift of the Holy Ghost - I hold a temple recommend - - I am under covenant. DC 82:10 - I have a stewardship - I am a home teacher. - I am responsible - I am accountable to God. DC 72:3 - - Like Nephi I have been taught - I am a follower of Jesus Christ - My testimony is recorded in heaven. - I am on the Lord’s errand - I am a patriarch in my home - I have a testimony of the restoration of the gospel - Of me it is required to forgive all men - Because of these things, I am left without excuse. DC 88:81,82 This is who I am. I am grateful for this knowledge. - Moses on a high mountain with God. o Introduced as His son, Satan comes tempting o Son of man, worship me o Brethren, after knowing who we are, would it be right to worship again the things of the world?  Turn aside from the way, and wander in strange paths.  Give honor and allegiance to the philosophies of men.  Treasure the things of the world above the treasures of God.  Maybe even enter the large and spacious building and point the finger of scorn at those seeking to partake of the tree of life.  More particularly, worship Satan and support those who uphold his work. o This is the question that was asked of Moses. Well what will it be? o Moses replies, looking at Satan and all that he has to offer:  Where is thy glory that I should worship thee?  For Behold, I am a son of God.  Depart hence Satan. May we, as Priesthood Holders and Priesthood Leaders, remember who we are. - in gratitude (that we are here) - in humility (because we know our personal weaknesses) - in service (because we have been taught that Jesus came as one who serveth) - in love (for to do all these things and have not charity you are nothing) I so pray, that we remember who we are, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.