Good morning brothers and sisters. I have been asked to deliver a talk to you all. The topic I have chosen for this talk is about how our current pandemic is similar to the Passover that happened in Egypt during Moses' time. The reason why I chose this topic is first, today is Easter Sunday. On the day before the Crucifixion, the Passover was celebrated. Today we are having a current pandemic happening that has a few similarities to the Passover. In remembrance of the Passover, I am going to list some of these similarities so that we can learn from them.
The first of these similarities is that during the Passover, many people had died to the angel of death while it came through. Today, many people are dying to the plague that is going across the world. To be protected from this Angel, the people had to stay inside to stay safe from the angel, similar to how we have to stay isolated within our housed to keep safe from this pandemic. For the Passover, the people had to put the blood of a lamb around their doorways to be "passed over" by the ghost. We have done a worldwide fast to help control this pandemic and be protected from it as well. All of those who have been faithful were protected and blessed.
What I hoped you have learned from this is that in both the Passover and our current plague, all of the faithful who have followed the commandments of the Lord were protected, and that we can be too if we do the same. I bear my testimony that if we are faithful, we will be protected, and be blessed afterwards because of our faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.